This department manages and controls all financial functions of all Parish departments and the Clerk Courts in accordance with generally accepted principles of government accounting and various Louisiana statutes and Administrative Codes.
The Finance Department is comprised of three main areas:
- General Accounting
- Accounts Payable
Duties of the Finance Department include:
- Controlling expenditures and obligations (including operating expenses, debt, payroll)
- Receipting and depositing all revenues
- Managing the investment of all monies
- Accounting for all assets and capital project expenditures
- Internal and external reporting
The financial activity of all parish departments is supervised by the Finance Officer to ascertain solid internal controls are in place.
201 Main Street
PO Box 1737
Columbia LA 71418